Blog Archive

Friday, January 17, 2014

Someone Else's Interesting Experiment

Saw this post from Logan Miller of JP CrossFit. I've only met Logan in person once, but I like him and his group. They're the good kind of CrossFit people.

I love the project that Logan outlines in this post (go read it, it's short). Basically, he's giving up CrossFit for three months to work with a coach from another system.

Here's WHY I like it.

It takes a lot of balls to say "you know what? This thing that I believe in and think is great? I'm going to stop doing it for three months while I try something totally new and different. It might be awesome, it might suck, it might be both. I have no idea."

People often talk about being a beginner again, but very few people ever do it.

I think there's a lot of martial artists who might benefit from this kind of experiment. Take three months and do something outside of your norm. Go learn an art different from the things you do. Maybe not TOO different...or maybe very different. It's up to you.

An experiment worth trying, if you can.

1 comment:

Maija said...

Couldn't agree more :-)