Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Stuff Worth Reading

I generally prefer to do this via Twitter, but rather than clogging up my feed by sharing a dozen articles in a few minutes, I figured I'd just do a batch list here.

This post from Rory is good thinking. I'm reminded of something Julie, my camp counselor when I was twelve, told me.

"Necessity is not the mother of invention. Necessity is the mother of improvisation. When in doubt, improvise."

Julie was damn smart. I wish I had more than a week around her...I bet I'd have learned a lot.

This one from Rory ties into some observations I've had while watching my son, but I need to write those up.

This one from Maija is a good reminder that "losing" in training is an opportunity, not a failure.

This post from Wim was a good reminder, and a good warning. It's easy to turn into "that guy"

No comments: