Blog Archive

Monday, August 12, 2013

Growth Opportunities

A little over a year ago, I decided that I wanted to get more into the Strength and Conditioning field. I wanted to improve my knowledge for myself, to bring some better knowledge to my teammates at Sityodtong, and to expand my horizons a bit.

Whether through sheer coincidence or serendipity, the place I chose to start my journey was at an HKC hosted by Skill of Strength in Chelmsford. I enjoyed the course, but finished feeling like I still had a lot left to learn. I got in touch with Mike Perry, the owner and head coach at SOS and, as they say, the rest is history.

Skill of Strength's MMA Fight Preparation Program

Since that HKC, I've had the opportunity to work with Mike a great deal personally, and to watch him work with a number of athletes, including several professional and amateur fighters from Sityodtong.

To be blunt: most of the Strength and Conditioning that is out there for fighters is garbage. It's based on bro-science or no-science, half-baked theories, and an insane belief that the best way to train a fighter is to beat them into the ground.

Mike knows his business, and knows it well. I'm grateful for the coaching that I've received from him, and have been amazed at the results he's produced with our fighters thus far.

If you are a professional or amateur combat athlete looking to take your game to the next level, you need to be at Skill of Strength. It's that simple.

Muay Thai at Skill of Strength

I'm also happy and honored to announce that I'll be offering some Muay Thai classes at SOS starting in September. These classes are open to anyone who is interested in exploring the art of Muay Thai. There's a full schedule and pricing info in the link above.

Really excited to see both of these programs grow. Lot of great opportunities here.

No comments: