Blog Archive

Saturday, December 8, 2012

War Report

Checked my weight last night on a whim. First time since I started this.

Apparently, I dropped ten pounds. I didn't even realize it. Pretty cool. Body comp still needs some work, but I'm making progress.

No major hiccups so far. Thanksgiving was a little tough. A couple of holiday events to navigate carefully, but generally speaking, I've been managing well.

Things I've learned so far.

1. After listening to an interview with Mike Mahler, I decided to try reducing my meal frequency, but upping my calories each meal. Seems be working very well for me. Apparently, I respond much better to doing 3-4 meals a day. Maybe not for everyone, but it's doing good things for me.

2. Weighing and measuring is a must for me. I have very little sense of how much I'm eating, apparently. Sometimes in my favor (occasionally I eat much LESS than I think), other times not in my favor.

3. The 40/30/30 Carb/Fat/Protein split that I got from the Fighter's Body also seems to be pretty good for me. Again, I apparently did not consume as much protein as I thought I did.

Anyway, things seem smooth so far. Be interesting to see how the next few weeks go.

No comments: