Blog Archive

Saturday, September 1, 2012

SEVER-TEMBER

Dork Tower is, as the name suggests, a comic about dorky stuff. I like it. Partially because I like dorky stuff, and partly because it occasionally hits some notes of powerful wisdom in the midst of its dorkiness.

In this case, it happened to help give me a push towards something I've been meaning to do for a while. Which is to try and focus a bit. I have so many projects, ideas, and things I want to work on that I find I keep taking care of the small stuff, and never getting to the big stuff.

Which is why I'm declaring this September SEVERTEMBER.

For the month of September, I'm going to be taking a break from blogging.

  • I may continue the "This Week In the Web" posts, or I may not (there's already one in the queue, which will hit on Monday). 
  • I'm cutting back on my blog reading as well. I've done a big clear out of my RSS feeds. I don't quite have it to eliminate everything--there's folks like Rory and Maija, who I regularly interact with, and folks who influence me so much, I don't want to miss them (Tony Blauer, Dan John, Ross Enamait). But I have reduced, for the month, at least.
  • I will respond to comments on older posts. 
  • I won't be posting any other content. If you're jonesing for stuff to read, check out the blogroll.

See you in October!

No comments: