Blog Archive

Monday, August 27, 2012

This Week In the Web, 8-27-2012

The Deadlift is easily my favorite lift, of any kind, for anything. I think it has immense value for combat athletes, martial artists, and well, everyone. Picking up heavy shit off the floor is a pretty valuable skill. This blog from Zach Even-Esh has some good tips on it.

Stickgrappler shared this one. Nasty KO.

Dan John on Coaching 102. There is a goldmine of info in this post...I need time to dissect it again, but go read it.

Tony Gentlicore reminds us that it doesn't need to be so complicated. That works for S&C, but I think it probably applies to martial arts, self-defense, and combat sport training as well.

Tim Larkin has an article RE:dealing with an active shooter. Again, something I need to think more about, but it's definitely worth reading.

Ross shared an inspirational video featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger. Can't really beat that.

No comments: