Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Men's Health Interview with Yoddecha Sityodtong

Men's Health recent published an interview with Yoddecha Sityodtong, one of the many champion fighters that Sityodtong has produced over the years.

The interview gives another wonderful insight into the lives of the fighters that many people in America and Europe admire so much. Muay Thai was not a hobby or a fun activity that Yoddecha took up for the heck of it, and it wasn't something his parents put him in so that he'd have something to do after school. It was his entire life, and literally the only thing that saved him from a life of slavery and crime.

And for those who feel that Muay Thai is just about beating people up, here's what one of sport's champions says:

"The biggest misconception about muay thai is that it’s about beating people up. Rather, muay thai is about unlocking your potential as a human being by expanding your horizons physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Just as Kru Yodtong changed my life for the better, I want to change my students’ lives for the better. If I can put a smile on a sad face, help someone gain confidence to chase a dream, push someone to lose weight or enhance someone’s mental strength, I am happy. Muay thai gave me a reason to live when I had none. The only way I know how to fulfil that debt is to try to enrich the lives of my students with what I’ve learnt."

Worth considering.

No comments: