Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Baseball, Business, Politics, and Martial Arts (Sort Of)

I know I say this often, but I really have no idea how I started reading Kristine Kathryn Rusch's blog. Well, that's not entirely true. I started reading it when she was posting her amazingly well-written Freelancer's Survival Guide, which I absolutely need to re-read sometime in the super-short future. How I found out she was posting that...I have no idea. I mean, she writes in genre's that I like (sci-fi/fantasy), but I've never read a word of her fiction. I probably should.

Anyway. Her latest post in her blog "the Business Rusch" is very interesting and worth reading not only from a publishing and business perspective, but a martial arts one as well. I want you to go read it, so I'm not going to start on an analysis (yet), but it's got some worthwhile perspective on things like tradition, how it survives, and more importantly, why it sometimes fails to adapt, even when it needs to.

Go check it out.

No comments: