Blog Archive

Friday, July 22, 2011

Minor Updates

Experimenting with a new blog layout. Not sure if it makes any significant difference. Design and layout are not my strong suits.

Also updated my blog list, which is filed under "Honest Reading". Hopefully, all of the links work properly...I tried not to miss anyone.

Starting to explore the martial blogosphere a bit more. While it isn't perfect, the level of civil discussion seems to be higher than what I found on most message boards. If nothing else, I'm finding some interesting reading. And people who seem like they'd be fun to knock around with.

Interesting side note: in the past, I would have said "more systems I want to study", but really, that's a lie. There's a handful of systems I'd actually like to explore, but the list is actually pretty compact. Probably still more than I'll manage in a lifetime, but compact, nonetheless.

6 comments:

Wayne said...

Looks okay in Firefox, but funky in IE9.

http://www.buwahaha.com/images/HPWS.jpg

Jason H said...

Looks good in Firefox. Able to scroll thru previous posts all in one page. Good stuff.

Jake said...

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Wayne, I'm far to much of a Luddite to know why that would happen...

Wayne said...

My guess is that it is something in the CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) that IE9 doesn't like. Which is kind of strange as IE9 is pretty good about CSS compared to earlier versions. What are you using for your blog and is there a theme you selected? I can do some research for you.

Jake said...

I'm using blogger, and apparently, a (modified) template called "Awesome, Inc.".

Wayne said...

I can see where people have various issues with this template in IE. Hard to say what is exactly the issue but all the tips I see for dealing with various issues invlove modifying the CSS code.