Spent an amazing ten days in Italy. Too much to write about on this blog, much of it not relevant. There are, however, a few things I want to touch on here in the next week or two:
- Watching some really bad self-defense vids with Marcus and Joe, and thinking about how what you call what you do is really important when you get to Fight #3 (You vs. the Legal System).
- Trying to read a situation is a lot harder when you don't understand the language.
- Having a run-in with a very skilled scam artist, who hit a lot of Gavin De Becker's PINs in the process
- Watching a pickpocket try to target my wife
- Some thoughts about teaching vs. coaching.
- Machiavelli, Plutarch, and fighting.